UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

March 22, 2015

Spring Makeup: Lipgloss Picks

one little vice beauty blog: nude lip glosses from RMK Laura Mercier Japonesque Illamasqua

Spring is close at hand and I've started sharing some of my spring makeup picks - I started by sharing some of my favourite spring blushers and lipsticks, and today I thought I'd walk you through the lipglosses I'll be reaching for! You can probably tell that one of my personal spring beauty trends is going to be a glossy neutral or nude lip. I love teaming bright or bold eyes with a minimal lip, especially with some added shine! 

One Little Vice UK Beauty Blog: Best Nude Lipglosses for Spring Summer

Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Enchant

I really like Illamasqua's Lipglosses - they have a sweet scent, are quite thick without being sticky and they are really lovely and glossy. Enchant is a really easy to wear shade. It's relatively sheer (unlike Illamasqua's Intense Lipglosses which are almost like liquid lipsticks) but gives just enough colour for rosy lips. I find that it's the perfect product to slick on when I'm wearing heavy eye makeup or a bright blush (like Kevyn Aucoin's Creamy Glow in Liquifuchsia) but when I don't want a totally "neutral" looking lip. If the price puts you off then I'd recommend keeping your eyes peeled for Illamasqua's seasonal sales. I picked Enchant up about 50% off in a sale last summer and there are equally good bargains to be had on other shades too. 

It might be cheating to place Japonesque's Lip Lacquers in a blog post about lipglosses as they're the sort of product that straddles the boundary between lipstick and lipgloss. They have an incredibly creamy and thick texture (that's more hydrating and comfortably to wear than many standard lip glosses) and they offer opaque colour on the lips. Shade 01 is a modern take on a classic warm-toned nude - with it's creamy, opaque formula it makes your lips look incredibly plump and the colour looks just slightly golden. It's going to be an incredible shade on anyone with tanned skin, but coupled with a bit of bronzer I find this incredibly flattering on my skin tone too. I'm really happy to have been introduced to Japonesque's makeup range, they're a recent discovery of mine but they've very quickly made their way into my everyday essentials!

If you're looking for a really nude toned neutral lip then you might like Laura Mercier's Bare Naked. It's a relatively new colour to me - I've never been one to opt for the completely "nude" lip look before - but I quite like the finished effect given by a gloss rather than a lipstick. It isn't completely opaque so it doesn't entirely blot out your natural lip colour, it just really tones everything back to give a much more neutral canvas. If you like really smokey, heavy, black or grey smokey eyes then this is the kind of lip colour that is a gorgeous accompaniment. The formula is a little bit more sticky than the other products I'm mentioning in this post, but it isn't too bad - nothing like some of the lip glosses I used to buy when I was a teenager!

By now you can probably tell that I have a big thing for glossy nude lips. RMK's Vintage Drop Gloss is another gorgeous nude shade, slightly darker than Laura Mercier and much less golden than Japonesque. Another difference is that RMK's Vintage Drop Glosses give you almost icy looking lips - the glossiness is incredible and it isn't even a little bit sticky! This does mean that it requires reapplication, but all the products I've mentioned today are like that. With really glossy, non-sticky, lip products I always find that top-ups are essential. But all the lip glosses I've mentioned today have really sleek, aesthetically pleasing packaging - and RMK's Drop Gloss in 04 is definitely my favourite looks-wise. It's from a collection based on vintage sweets and it's gorgeous multi-coloured swirl is incredibly reminiscent of old fashioned hard-boiled sweets. It even has the rich, sweet scent of Butterscotch which won't be to everyone's tastes but I personally really love the smell. When makeup looks and smells this good it's hard not to want to reach for it everyday, and I must admit that I have already been using this a lot since I got my hands on it!


Are you a lipgloss fan? 
What do you think of the shades I've picked out?

Share:

1 comment

  1. those colors are so pretty! specially the ilamasqua one <3
    -----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig