UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 08, 2013

Make-Up Madness: December Beauty Haul




So..... Shopping happened. Typical preamble, I went into Boots to buy some toothpaste and not only did I come out with a bag of goodies but then I thought "may as well hit up Superdrug" and made a repeat performance in there. There have been some fantastic offers on this month (many of which are still running) and I'll walk you through any that I took advantage of.





Boots was offering a free Brow's That Brow Kit with any £6 spend. Given that I had my eye on their Tattoo Me Semi Permanent Liquid Eyeliner I used the free gift with purchase offer as an excuse to pick up one of their Eyeshdows in the shade Statuesque. I was really impressed with the look of the eye shadows and the shade I picked up looked really gorgeous. I'll definitely be doing a make-up look featuring all three of these products soon!





MaxFactor also had a free gift with purchase offer when you spent £15 or more. I bought the Masterpiece Max Mascara and Color Expert Liquid Eyeliner and, as part of the free gift, I got a LipFinity Lip Colour, a False Lash Effect Mascara and a Glossfinity Nail Polish. For £15 I thought this was a pretty good offer, especially as MaxFactor are one of my favourite drugstore brands!



When I popped into Superdrug I was a little bit more restrained. I picked up two items off my longstanding beauty wishlist - both have been on my radar for months now! One is a BeautyUK Baked Blush in Shade 3 (which is gorgeous used as a powder highlighter) and I also picked up a Sleek Lipstick in the shade Liqueur, a gorgeous mauve-y neutral. I made this big shop last week and since then I've been wearing these two products almost everyday, I'm really liking both of them.



So there are a lot of new make-up goodies in my routine at the moment and there are some fabulous offers (especially at Boots) for you to take advantage of if you're feeling like doing some Christmas shopping! What make-up is on your wishlist this month?



Follow me via: [Bloglovin[She Said Beauty] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

9 comments

  1. That Sleek lipstick sounds very promising :)! And the blush and whole brow kit too! I say you did a great mini haul - a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?! :)

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooove the max factor false lash effect! it's so so thick and black and just one coat makes the lashes look so amazing. But i can never use it by itself because the formulation is wet and my shitty asian lashes will just drop so i have to hold it up with another coat of a dry formulation mascara. And the false lash effect is also a bitch to take off! hahahah


    jesselynnn.blogspot.com //FANCYTHEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep looking at the Seventeen Brow Kit and then put it back x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great offers! We don't really have gifts with purchase in Canada except for high end brands so I'm super impressed, especially with the max factor one, wow! hope offers like this are on when I go to the UK at the end of the month :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how that goes, it's just bad news when I go into a store with makeup in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I want the seventeen brow kit now
    http://missljbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its so hard to leave Boots with only what you went in for! The Beauty UK blushes are meant to be lovely & a bargain too.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had these brands in the states, I pretty much would kill for Max Factor mascaras! 2000 Calorie is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Boots GWP's at the moment. I got the no7 one (mostly for my mum, but I'm stealing the eyeliner!). I really need to get some more beauty uk bits, I love the blusher I have from them *heads to superdrug* x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig